WinRAR is the one of the most popular file compression tool for Windows PC and is a basic application for compression and decompression in all formats of data (files, videos, music, folders, etc). The users can reduce the size of the documents and upload documents within less time by using WinRAR application tool. It is compatible with all Windows from Windows 95 to windows 7 Operating system. WinRAR supports several file formats but mostly used are RAR, 7Z, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LZH, TAR etc.
WinRAR provides a graphical interactive interface utilizing mouse and menus along with command line interface. WinRAR program is easy to use with an archive tool that contains a special ‘wizard’ mode which is used to quickly access the archived functions through a simple question and answer procedure. WinRAR application has the ability to create self extracting and multivolume archives easily. It also offers recovery record and recovery volume which is used to reconstruct archives even if it is physically damaged.
Use of WinRAR:
WinRAR is a data compression tool that consumes less memory space on your hard disk and supports three most popular used formats ZIP, RAR, RAR5. WinRAR also provides an option for protecting the compressed file with a password that uses AES algorithm technique. You can click on the ‘New/WinRAR Archive’ option to create a compress file and click on self-extracting to decompress a file.
Features of WinRAR:
- Supports upto 15 different formats such as ZIP, RAR, ARJ, LGH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, EXE, 7Z, Z, and xz archives.
- Ideal for sending data through internet
- Split archives easily into separate volumes and it is possible to save them into different disks
- Multi threaded compression
- Compatible with advanced NTFS file system and Unicode
- Allows you to reconstruct the damaged files
- Data redundancy is provided through recovery records and recovery volumes
WinRAR System Requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98, ME, NT, 4.0, 2000, XP, vista, server 2003, server 2008, windows 7, server 2012, windows 8
Processor: 32bit, 64bit supported
Hard Disk Space: 3MB free space required